The 12-Step Recovery Program for Workplace Bullies!
Note: This is an excerpt from Glory's book, "Not All Bullies Yell and Throw Things: How to Survive a Subtle Workplace Bully" on Amazon by clicking here!)
- I admitted that I would not want to work for myself (and neither would anyone else who was sane or not psychotic themselves).
- I determined that the only person who could help me fix my ways was Dr. Phil, Tom Peters, or God; and God was the only one willing to work for free.
- I delegated my bullying ways to God, as no one else could possibly understand me.
- I made a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself and found there was extensive shrinkage.
- I admitted to God, to myself, and to the guy at the toll booth the exact nature of my bullying managerial ways.
- I stood in a thunderstorm with foil on my head waiting for God to remove my bullying and jerky ways, but all that got removed was my neighbor’s elm tree when lightening hit next door.
- I sent God an email asking him to remove my bullying character, and I still have not seen the “read receipt” I requested.
- I stood in front of my office building with a lunch board asking for forgiveness from my fellow workers.
- I tried calling my ex-employees but they must have Caller ID, as no one picked up.
- I continue to take periodic personal inventories, and the good news is that the shrinkage is down (but spoilage is way up).
- I sought, through prayer and meditation, to improve my conscious contact with God. I’m still waiting for God to respond to my email, but I guess he has a bigger backlog than I do.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, I tried to start a workplace bullies support group, but everyone stopped coming after the first meeting.
Check out Glory's book, "Not All Bullies Yell and Throw Things: How to Survive a Subtle Workplace Bully" on Amazon by clicking here!
©2016 Borgeson Consulting, Inc.
Contact us to find out how to get started with coaching.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 630-653-0992
By fax: 630-653-3993